There would come a situation where you will be in a position to transfer bulk ledgers from one Company to another Company in Tally ERP 9 using XML Export and Import options available in Tally ERP 9. How do you make out this kind of job? The first idea would merge in your mind that to recreate Ledgers from the scratch, if you are the beginner. The experts would search for alternative option to do the same task. There is a method called transferring the ledgers from a company to another company. Don’t you believe? No problem, when you reach the end of this article i will make it possible for you. So, let’s start.
In order to make it out you need to have two Companies in you Tally ERP 9. One of them should hold Account Ledgers, which you need to transfer i.e., Source Company. And another is the targeting Company, where you need to place them i.e., Destination Company. For the demonstration purpose I have two companies in my hand. Source Company is Dhanalakshmi Seeds and Destination Company is AccountsGuy.Net. I hope you got my point.
First You need to expert the Ledgers from the Source Company
- Open Tally ERP 9 and select the Source Company here I have opened Dhanalakshmi Seeds.
- Open Display from the Gateway of Tally under Reports.
- And From there click on List of Accounts then you can see number of Ledger accounts and corresponding Group heads in a screen
- Just click on Ledgers button on your right hand side, if it is not selected?
- Now click on Export button on the top of the same screen or press ALT + E Keys to export the ledgers from Dhanalakshmi Seeds(Source Company).
- As Tally ERP 9 supports XML file format for data interchange you can make the same using this option. You will get the a screen to provide you options to Export as follows.
- Language: Default (All Languages)
- Format: XML (Data Interchange)
- Export Location: Please provide the location in your computer and remember the same here i have given D:\Tally.ERP9. It will be by default. If you don't know don't change it.
- Output File Name: Keep it as it is here "Masters.xml".
- Open Exported Folder: Yes
- Type of Masters: Please select here "Ledgers"
- Export Closing Balances as Opening Balances? : If you want to make the Closing balance of the ledger in this company(Source "Dhanalakshmi Seeds") as Opening Balances for the new company(Destination "AccountsGuy.Net"). Set as "Yes" otherwise "No". Here i have set as "NO" as i don't need to transfer balance i want only structure.
- and accept it.
You will see the folder where you have saved the XML file. And you can see the file name which you have exported.
Now Import the XML file in your Destination Company
After exporting process is completed come back to the Tally ERP 9 and switch to the Destination Company here i have opened AccountsGuy.Net as i want to import the XML file, which contains the Bulk Ledgers.
After opening the Destination company
- Click on Import of Data under Utilities from Gateway of Tally.
- And after that click on Masters.
- You will see a screen where you need to provide the file name of your exported XML file here "Masters.xml"
- And select the option as per your requirement for the Treatment of entries already existing.
So, as the final output you can see the number of all the Ledgers in your new company without creating them from scratch and using Transfer method by XML Export and Import option available in Tally ERP 9 form one company to another company.