Taxable Purchase voucher entry can be done using two methods in Tally ERP 9.
- Using Voucher Class.
- Without using Voucher Class.
For this you need to have Cash/Creditor, Purchase @ 5%, Input VAT @ 5%, Stock Item, and Purchase Expenses Ledgers. If you are maintaining account without Inventory then leave the Stock Item creation and the Purchase Expense Ledgers is an optional
In the first method you need to create Taxable Purchase Voucher Class by altering Purchase Voucher where as in the second method you can directly make the entry. You can get article about Voucher Class creation and difference between these 2 method from How to create Taxable Purchase Voucher Class article.
After the brief introduction let me get you to the Taxable Purchase Voucher entry.
- Load your Company where you have configured VAT and want to make purchase voucher entry.
- Get the Gateway of Tally screen.
- Select "Accounting Vouchers" under Transactions.
- In the Button Area select F9: Purchase button.
- You can see a button with a name having either As Voucher or As Invoice. If you see As Invoice button click on it.
- We have created a Voucher Class for this so select the concerned Voucher Class such as Purchases @ 5%. You can see the predefined format as per your Taxable Purchase Voucher Class restrictions.
- Enter the purchase transaction date 16-7-13.
- Here i have Purchase Invoice Number as RD1256 dated 16-7-2013. So, i am giving it in Ref: as RD1256 and this is an optional element.
- Select the Supplier Name from the Sundry Creditor's List.
- Select the Stock Item from the List.
- Give Number of Quantity, and Rate of the Stock Item excluding VAT.
- It automatically fills the amount columns of Stock Item Total Value and Input VAT @ 5% Amount Value.
- Directly go to provide the Purchase Expenses if you have by pressing Entry Key.
- Give the Expenditure amount such as Freight Charges.
- And give the narration if required.
- and finally accept.