It is the error driving method that directly entering the Sales Voucher entry for VAT Calculation in Tally ERP 9. While selecting appropriated VAT/Tax Class from the list of Tax Classes, the Data Entry operator would be tempted to select the wrong Class in a hurry. Even he would select Sundry Creditor instead of Sundry Debtor due to ambiguity. It would lead to the wrong Tax Filing and wrong Accounting Maintenance. So, It is better to make this work some what easier to filter the required classes for each and every Taxable Sales. Tally ERP 9 has come up with a solution called Voucher Class. Here you can restrict the Ledger and which aromatically restricts the VAT Classes. And even we can restrict to display only Sundry Debtors.
Voucher Class creation can be achieved with a simple alteration to the Sales Voucher. For this i am creating a Sales Voucher Class for handing Sales @ 5% VAT/Tax. Follow the following points step by step.
- Open Tally ERP 9.
- Load or select the Company for which you want to create Voucher Class.
- Select Accounting Info under Master.
- Voucher Types.
- You can see list of existing Voucher Types. Select the Sales.
- Directly come under Name of Class on your right hand side in Voucher Type Alteration screen.
- Give give for the Voucher Class for example Sales @ 5%.
- After giving the name press entry you will be direct to a screen where you need to enter the following information as per your requirement.
- Under Exclude these Groups select the appropriate Account Groups which you want to restrict during voucher entry.
- Under Include these Groups select the appropriate Account Groups which you want to allow during voucher entry.
- for Default Accounting Allocation for each item in invoice option select the appropriate Inventory Purchase Ledger from the list here i am taking Sales @ 5%.
- And you need to select VAT Ledger for that so you can select VAT/Tax Ledger such as Output VAT @ 5% under Additional Accounting Entries to be added in invoice. If there are any additional charges like Freight, Labor Charges are there you can select them as well under this option.