VAT Taxable Sales voucher entry can be done using any one of two methods in Tally ERP 9
- Using Voucher Class
- Without using Voucher Class
For this you need to have Cash/Debtor Ledger, Sales Ledger, Output VAT Ledger, Stock Item (optional), and Sales Expenses Ledger (optional). In the first method you can directly make the entry where as in the second method you need to create Taxable Sales Voucher Class by altering Sales Voucher. You can get article about Voucher Class creation and difference between there 2 method from How to create Taxable Sales Voucher Class article.
After the brief introduction let me get you to the Taxable Sales Voucher entry.
- Load your Company where you have configured VAT and want to make purchase voucher entry.
- Get the Gateway of Tally screen.
- Select Accounting Vouchers under Transactions.
- Click on F8: Sales button in Button Area.
- We have created a Voucher Class for this so select the concerned Voucher Class such as Sales @ 5%. You can see the predefined format as per your Taxable Sales Voucher Class restrictions.
- Enter the Sales transaction date 26-3-12.
- Select the Customer Name from the Sundry Debtors's List.
- Select the Stock Item from the List.
- Given Number of Quantity, and Rate of the Stock Item excluding VAT.
- It automatically fills the amount columns of Stock Item Total Value and Input VAT @ 5% Amount Value.
- Directly go to provide the Sales Expenses if you have by pressing Entry Key.
- Give the Expenditure amount such as Freight Charges.
- And give the narration if required.
- and finally accept.