Tally ERP 9 providing the automated VAT Adjustment entry for it's user by just creating a Journal Voucher Class, which is know as VAT Adjustment Class. To do so you need to alter the Journal Voucher. Most of you would know why need to create this class? We would get the same Accounting Treatment for Sales Tax even we don't use the VAT Adjustment Class. To let my doubt clear today i contacted the Tally Solutions regarding this. After half an hour negotiation with the executive i got that we won't get the result in various VAT Return Forms if we don't use the VAT Adjustment Class.
- Open Tally ERP 9 Accounting Package Icon from your Desktop or from Programs menu from Start button.
- Load your Company for creating VAT Adjustment Class in Journal Voucher.
- Select Accounts Info option under Masters from Gateway of Tally screen.
- Then click on Voucher Types.
- Click on Alter and select the Journal from the list of Voucher Type.
- Straightly come under Name of Class on your right hand side in Voucher Type Alteration screen.
- Type the name as VAT Adj. Class or your give the name as your wish and press Enter Key.
- In the next screen you need to enable Use Class for VAT Adjustments option by selecting Yes.
- And finally accept the changes by pressing Entry Key untill you get out of the screen.
So, it is recommended to create a Voucher Type Class for VAT Adjustment in Journal Voucher. So, I take the privilege in this regard and written the points in step by step below.