Basically i am Gmail user and have my friend too in my contacts. We regularly chat and e-mail very seldom. It was a tough time when i wanted to pass an urgent information when he is offline. I am not comfort to sent SMS using my Smart Phone Nokia C5-03 so i have to connect my Mobile to my Personal Computer to send SMS or i need to register in any one of the Free SMS Servicing websites. I was preferring the second one. After that i was getting so may telemarketing Calls and SMS's to my mobile.
One day i saw an unexpected option from the GMail service that we can send SMS's to our contacts directly from the Chat widget in the Gmail screen. That is true. Do you want to enable this for your Gmail Account. So, lets see the procedure for setting up this kind of service in Gmail.
For all you need to have a Gmail Account from Google Inc., if you don't have account can create a new account from here GMail.
- Just Click on the Gear Icon (shown on right side) you can see a few options.
- From the list click on Settings option.
- You can see number of option under Settings like General, Labels, Accounts and Import etc., Just find out the Labs and click on the Labs option.
- In the Search for a lab text field enter SMS you can see SMS in Chat Lab for your gmail account.
- Just click on enable option and Save the Changes.
You can see a gear icon on upper right corner of your gmail account when ever you sign in to your Gmail account.
After all your gmail account will be reloaded and just go to Chat widget in Gmail Screen and just scroll the Cursor over your existing contact under Chat widget. You can see a button with More. just click on it and select Sent SMS option. and select the Country the contact persons mobile operator belongs and enter the Mobile Number and save it.
Now you can continue you chat with your friend when you are offline.