When you open the Tally ERP 9 software you ought to select a Company from the list of companies to start accounting your daily business transactions. When you open the application by default it will load a Company with Company ID 10000, even though you can select a different Company or list of companies to be loaded when tally starts.
In order to load a company
- Click on Select Company option from Company Info. menu.
- Specify the path where the Company files are created.
- Select a company from the List of Companies.
You can work on more than one company simultaneously by virtue of software, and this is the fantastic feature of the Tally. Even though a default company is loaded you load another company as well for that press F1 Key from any menu screen like Gateway of Tally, Display menu etc.,
If you want to not to load any company when Tally opened
- Press F12 Key from Configuration menu screen
- Select Data Configuration
- Set No for Load Companies on startup.