Tally, the limited company accounting software has added a feature for maintaining the Cheque Book. Maintaining outstanding checks or cheques is a tedious process for the outstanding debts department of the outsourcing help desk. When we require the status of a particular Cheque Leaf then it is a time consuming process for us to know it in the manual Cheque Book Register. So, keep check book with you, in which accounting software we are going to create Book creation.
|In Tally.ERP 9 we can Create Cheque Books so that we can easily manage cheque books using the cheque book register.|
In the accounting management software we can set the Cheque Book either in Ledger Creation screen orLedger Alteration screen. In the Bank Ledger Creation screen
- Set YES for Set/Alter Bank Details option and press Enter Key using the Keyboard.
- In the Bank Details for screen select your Bank from the List of Banks available.
- Make Set Cheque Books option as YES under General Configuration.
- In the Cheque Range for screen you can find
- From Number, here provide the six digit starting Cheque Leaf number in the Cheque Book.
- To Number, here provide the six digit ending Cheque Leaf number in the Cheque Book.
- Number of Cheques, will display the number of Cheque Leafs available in that book. Leave it without changing.
- Book Name, this is the optional one but you can use this to recognize for what purpose you can use this particular Cheque Book while entering payment voucher to issue a cheque.
- Save all the screens and finally, accept the Ledger Creation or Alteration screen.
Now, we have successfully created a cheque book in erp software and in the above video demo we have set a cheque book for the payments to the suppliers in the tally software.