In order to bond your own Domain Address with a Blog Address, you must authorize your Blog by adding the Name and Directing values of your blog in the CNAMEs records of your Domain Name System. For that you need to login to your Domain Seller or Registrar website for this process.
|Blog Authorize Error 14 - values for CNAMEs to be added in Domain Registrar website.|
Actually you would know about the Name and Directing values of your blog to be added to your DNS at the time of pointing your custom domain with your Blog using the + Setup a 3rd party URL for your blog hyperlink. As soon as you click on the Save button in the Settings page of your Blog you will get the following error message.
We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain. Error 14.
And below that you will be seeing the Name and Directing values of your blog to be added to your Domain Name System in order to authorize your blog to point to your own custom domain address. And let us see how to add them to your CNAME records in your Domain Name System.
For the demo purpose here i am showing it in Bigrock Domain Registrar website for other domain sellers the settings would be different. In the case find the link for DNS settings in your Domain Name account or contact your Domain Seller for assistance.
- Find the values in error section, while adding the custom domain to your blog and note down them in a piece of paper.
- In a new blank page in your browser open your Domain Registrar website and login to your account.
- Open your Domain Name Settings in your account, which you want to bond with your blog address.
- Navigate to your Domain Name System Management or DNS Management section.
- Click on Manage DNS link.
- Click on CNAME Records button or such kind of link.
- In CNAME records page click the Add CNAME Record button or such kind of link.
- Type the Name value of your blog in the Host Name textbox eg. www
- And select In A Fully Qualified Domain Name radio button for Value textbox and type the Destination value of your blog eg. ghs.google.com
- And click on add record button or link.
- And repeat the same thing for the subsequent record or records.
- Switch to your Blogger Settings page and now try to save the settings.
And now your blog has been redirected to your custom domain name. If you still getting any error just comment your error in this page. If still confused no problem we have uploaded a video to our Youtube Channel, which you can watch below.