The Account Package Software, Tally ERP 9 supports to carry the data where ever you want. And the Tally will not restrict you to stick on to only one computer to work only. We can carry the Company data from Branch Office to Head Office from Office to Home using the Backup and Restore options available in Company Info menu.
|Backing up a Company data in Tally ERP 9|
Even we can access the Company Data remotely using Tally .Net facility but there must be internet connection available in both the sides. So, to access the Company Data through offline mode tally having this feature. And this is very helpful at the time of auditing the accounts by the Auditors of the company they just simply take the ;Backup ;from the Clients computer and ;Restores ;the information in their computer and they will finish the Auditing work.
Backup the Company Data
Backup ;is nothing but taking softcopy of the company data on removable storage devices like Flash Drive (Pen Drive) or Compact Disk (CD). When you take the backup a Company or group of Companies a file named ;TBK900.001 ;(where the ;TBK900 ;is the primary name and ;.001 ;is the secondary name or extension name) will be created. This file format is only understood by the Tally Software. To start the backup process
- Select ;Backup ;option from ;Company Info. Menu.
- You will see ;Backup Companies on Disk ;screen.
- Come to the ;Destination ;and give the ;Disk Drive path ;where you want to save your backup file like H:\, G:\ (for Pen Drives) C:\, D:\, E:\ (for local Disk Drives).
- Select a Company or group of Companies for backing up specific company or companies or select ;All Items ;for backing up all the companies from the ;List of Companies. At the end select ;End of List ;to complete the selection of companies.
- Finally accept the screen.
As soon as you accept the Backup Companies on Disk screen tally will show the Progress Bar and as soon as the progress bar finishes TBK900.001 file will be created in the Destination path. Just open the Disk Drive location where you have taken the backup. There you can find the Backup file named ;TBK900.001. And this is the single file having all the information about your Books of Accounts concerning to the selected companies.
Restore the Company Data
|Restoring Company in Tally ERP 9|
In order to work in Tally we must have a Company created or we must restore the ;Data file ;which contains the company data. Restoring is nothing but the loading the Company Data back to the Data directory in the Tally Installed location. For restoring the data you need the ;TBK900.001 ;file. Tally will understand this file only, other than this tally will not recognize to restore into Tally software. To restore we need to perform the following steps.
- Select ;Restore ;option from ;Company Info. ;menu.
- You will see ;Restore Companies on Disk ;screen.
- Come to the ;Source ;and give the ;Disk Drive path ;where you backup file.
- Select at least one Company or group of Companies for restoring specific companies or select ;All Items ;for restoring all the companies from the ;List of Companies. At the end select ;End of List ;to complete the selection of companies.
- Finally accept the screen.
As soon as you accept the ;Restore Tally will process, the same will be shown in the screen with Progress Bar. Now you can start working with the restored companies in your Tally Software.