In Accounting Software, Tally ERP 9 we can customize the Voucher Number to be given to the Voucher entries for various Voucher Types, while recording Accounts. For instance, if the amount is received through Bank we can create Voucher Number that starts with BNK/1 for Receipt Voucher Type. Like wise to recognize Sales made to other States can be identified by creating Voucher Number that starts with CST in Sales Voucher Type e.g. CST/001.
|Customized the Voucher Number Format for Bank Payments|
Therefore, this kind of customization can be done to Voucher Types in Tally Software. And let us design a Voucher Number Format for Payment Voucher Type for recording Bank Payments. For recording the Bank related payments i have created User Defined Voucher Type named Cheque Payments under Payment Primary Voucher Type.
Using the Use Advance Configuration option in Voucher Type Creation/Alteration screen we can create our own customized Voucher Number for the Voucher Type. I have the following criteria for my Voucher Number that the Voucher Number should start with Cq.Pay/ where i can remember Cq means Cheque and Pay means Payment so when i when i see the print out of the voucher entry i can quickly recognize as it is meant for payment made using Cheque instrument and followed by the automatic numbering and end with Financial Year /2014-15.
In order to design your own customized number for the Voucher Type, open the Voucher Type in alteration mode. In the screen
- Choose Automatic from the list of Type of Numbering for Method of Voucher Numbering option.
- And set Yes for Use Advance Configuration option.
You can do the same thing at the time of creating your Own Voucher Type. Then you will be navigated to a new screen like one seen in the above image. And configure the criteria for your Voucher Number using the following settings.
- Give the starting number from which digit your Voucher Number should start with for Starting Number option. If you give 8 your Voucher Number will starts with 8.
- Mention the width of the Numerical Part of the Voucher Number should be using the Width of Numerical Part option. If you give 3 then your Voucher Number will look like this 008.
- If the Numerical Part is having only one Digit like 5 or 8 you can fill the remaining width of the Numerical Part with Zero using Prefill with Zero option. Set Yes for this option to do so then the Voucher Number will like this 008 otherwise it will be like this 8.
- You can restart the Numerical Part of the Voucher Number from a specific digit using the Restarting Number. If I set Applicable Date as 1-4-2014, Starting Number as 5, and Particulars as Yearly. The Voucher Numbering will starts with 5 irrespective of Starting Number of the Numerical Part. Then the Voucher Number will be 005 from 1-4-2014 after a Year i.e. from 1-4-2015 it will again starts with 005.
- You can add a constant data before the Numerical Part of the Voucher Number using the Prefix Details option. Suppose I set Applicable Data as 1-4-2014 and Particulars as Cq.Pay/ then the Voucher Number will look like this Cq.Pay/001.
- As well you can add a constant data at the end of Numerical Part of the Voucher Number using the Suffix Details option. Suppose I set Applicable Data as 1-4-2014 and Particulars as /2014-15 then the Voucher Number will look like this Cq.Pay/001/2014-15.
And this is the procedure to set the Advance Configuration for Method of Voucher Numbering in Tally ERP 9. Hence, the final output will be for starting number as Cq.Pay/001/2014-15. You can do this trick for any Voucher Type in Tally ERP 9 Software. Start designing your own Voucher Numbering format as per your requirement.