When business people start accounting in a new Company in Tally ERP 9, they can import the Masters like Ledgers, Stock Items etc if they have already done last year accounting in Tally Accounting Software, instead of creating all the Masters from the scratch.
|Exporting all the Masters like Ledgers, Groups, Stock Items etc., in XML format in Tally ERP 9|
It can be done with the help of Export and Import of Data features available in the Tally software.
How to export Masters (Accounting, and Inventory) in Tally ERP 9
Before we import the Masters into the new Company we must extract the Masters from the old Company using the Export option. In Gateway of Tally screen
- Choose Display option.
- List of Accounts
- Press Alt + E Keys or click on E : Export button laid in the Horizontal Button Bar.
- In the Export Report screen press Backspace Key.
- As Tally ERP 9 supports XML file format for data interchange, choose XML (Data Interchange) from the list of formats in Format field to export the masters.
- Specify the Disk Drive Path where the xml file to be created in the Export Location field.
- Choose All Masters in Type of Masters field.
- Set Yes for Export Closing Balances as Opening field.
- And enter the date upto what date the closing balances to be take for the Masters in To Date field e.g. Financial Year end date 31-3-14.
Accept the screen to create the xml file which is known as the exported file.
How to Import Masters in new Company in Tally ERP 9
After exporting process is completed come back to the Tally ERP 9 and switch to the new Company in which company you want to import the Masters. In Gateway of Tally
|Importing Masters like Ledgers, Groups, Stock Items etc., from XML format in Tally ERP 9|
- Select Import of Data.
- And go with Masters.
- You will see a screen where you need to provide the file name of your exported XML file name in Import File Name (XML) field. e.g. filename.xml.
- And select the option as per your requirement for the Treatment of entries already existing.
- Choose any one of the following Behaviour options for Treatment of entries already existing.
- Combine Opening Balance option will enable to import data of different branches and consolidate the opening balances. You can also select this option when the opening balances of existing masters are Zero and need to be overwritten by the balances in the data being imported.
- Ignore Duplicates option imports all the Masters without considering the duplicates Masters are available in the importing company.
- Modify with New Data option is to replace the existing balances with those existing in the data imported and also overrides the other options available in Behaviour list.
So, as the final output you can see the number of all the Ledgers in your new company without creating them from scratch and using Transfer method by XML Export and Import options available in Tally ERP 9 form one company to another company.