Recording VAT Sales is similar to VAT Purchase entry but we need to consider the Output VAT Ledger instead of Input VAT ledger while creating the Accounting Voucher in Tally ERP 9 Accounting Software.
|VAT Sales Voucher entry using Sale Voucher Type in Tally ERP 9|
Here I have created the Sales @ 5% VAT and configured the 5% VAT for the Sales ledger to record the sales that comes under 5% VAT/Tax Class.
As similar to the VAT Purchase entry here also we need to consider the Assessable value and VAT value of the Sales Invoice. So, enter the Assessable amount in the Sales @ 5% VAT ledger field and VAT amount in the Output VAT @ 5% ledger field. Here I have already created the Output VAT @ 5% Ledger under Duties & Taxes group and configured the VAT for Output VAT ledger.
Open the Accounting Vouchers in Gateway of Tally and
- Choose Sales Voucher Type by pressing the F8 Key to record the Sales.
- If the Accounting Voucher Creation screen in As Voucher mode hold the Ctrl Key and press V Key (Ctrl + V) or click on V: As Invoice button in Button Area.
- Choose a Ledger from the List of Accounts in Party’s A/c Name field.
- Record all the Stock Items of the sales invoice and choose appropriate Sales Ledger for the Stock Items. Tally will automatically select the appropriate VAT/Tax Class, which you configured at the time of Sales Ledger creation.
- After selecting the Stock Items list select the Output VAT ledger then it will automatically calculates the VAT against the sale of the Stock Items selected.
Save the screen to complete the VAT Sale. This is how to record the VAT Sales in Tally.ERP 9 Accounting Software.