Filing Income Tax returns through Online is simple and easiest way. And most of the Assessees just opens their e-filing Account just one a year at the time of e-Filing their Income Tax returns. Few of them could forget their password to login. They can create a new password with Forgot Password feature.
|Reset Password in Income Tax efiling website|
In order to create a New Password for your Income Tax e-Filing Account just open the Income Tax eFiling website. In the website
- Just click on Login Here button.
- In the Login screen click on Forgot Password? link provided
How to create New Password for Income Tax e-Filing Account with Secret Question and Answer
If you got stuck just directly open the Forgot Password Hyperlink from here only. When you click on Forgot Password link you will see the Reset Password wizard. In the wizard
- Type your PAN Card Number without spaces in the User ID field.
- And enter the Captcha Code as it is shown in the image in the Enter the number as in above image field (If you are unable to see the code properly in the image just press the Refresh button next to the field) And click on Continue button.
- In the next screen choose the Answer Secret Question option from the drop down menu and click on Validate button.
- Enter the Date of Birth if the assessee is an Individual or Date of Incorporation if in case of a Firm in the Date of Birth/Incorporation (DD/MM/YYYY) field the specified format e.g. 01/07/1976.
- Choose your Secret Question from the drop down menu.
- Provide exact answer for the secret question in the Secret Answer field. This field is case-sensitive e.g. mother is different from Mother or MOTHER. And click on Validate button.
If the details you have provided are correct then you will the Change Password screen. There create a new password for your Income Tax e-Filing Account and remember it to login again to your account. And this is how we can create a New Password through Forgot Password process.