In general practice the Cashier will be given with a small amount of Cash to meet the day to day common expenses like Local Conveyance, Transport Charges. And this small amount will be called as Petty Cash. The receipt of Petty Cash received, can be recorded in Tally.ERP 9 using the Contra Voucher Type.
|Petty Cash Receipt Entry in Tally.ERP 9|
And we can use the Contra Voucher Type in Tally.ERP 9 when any one of the following transactions takes place.
- Deposited Cash into Bank
- Withdrawn Cash from the Bank
- Transferring the funds from one Bank Account to another Bank account (In case of more than one Bank accounts are handled by the Company).
- And when Petty Cash received.
For recording the Petty Cash Receipt
- Select Accounting Vouchers option under Transaction in Gateway of Tally screen.
- In the Accounting Voucher Creation screen you can see the type of the Voucher opened.
- To change the Voucher Type to Contra Voucher Type either select the Contra button available in the Button Area or press F4 Key using the Keyboard.
Now we are in Contra Voucher Type to record the Contra transaction. And here we are receiving the Petty cash from the Main Cashier so here Debit the Petty Cash Ledger and amount as well Credit the Cash Ledger and amount and save the screen to record the transaction. And this how we can use the Contra Voucher Type to record the Petty Cash receipt entry in Tally.ERP 9