After we have started with an initial Capital, we have to Purchase the Goods based on the business nature. Every business deals with purchases and sales without purchase there is no question of sale. Purchasing might be the finished product or the raw material.
|Purchase Voucher Entry in Tally.ERP 9|
In Tally.ERP, we can record the Purchases using the Purchase Voucher Type. Here we are purchasing Goods worth Rs.60,000 by paying Cash cash so here we have to credit the Cash Ledger and debit the Purchase Ledger. Before going for Voucher Creation, we have to create Purchase Ledger under Purchases Account Group. For the purchase transaction there is Purchase Voucher Type available in Tally.ERP 9. Here
For recording the purchases with Cash
- Select Accounting Vouchers option under Transaction in Gateway of Tally Screen.
- In the Accounting Voucher Creation screen you can see the type of the Voucher opened.
- To change the Voucher Type to Purchase Voucher Type either, select the Purchase button available in the Button Area or press F9 Function Key using the Keyboard.
- Provide the Date for the Voucher Creation.
- For the Debit side select Purchases Ledger and enter the amount in debit side.
- For Credit side select the Cash Ledger and enter the amount in credit side.
- Provide narration if required.
And accept the Account Voucher Creation screen to successfully record the purchase entry. And this is how to record the Purchase Transaction in Tally.ERP 9.