Obviously most of the VAT Dealers also applies for CST Certificate to purchase sellable goods form the other States, which is considered as Inter State Purchases. They will not sell the goods to the other State Dealers. And for sometimes they will not purchase the Goods from out of state. If there is no Sales and Purchases during the previous month they must submit the NIL CST Returns to the Andhra Pradesh Commercial Tax Department.
|NIL CST Returns submission|
On or before 20th of every month the VAT Dealer must submit the CST Returns pertaining to the previous month, if they have the CST Certificate. If they do not purchase/sell from/to other states they must submit the Zero or NIL CST Returns to the Andhra Pradesh state Commercial Tax Department.
If there is no Interstate Business activity in any particular month the VAT Dealer can submit the Zero CST Returns which is known as NIL CST Returns to the AP Commercial Tax Department, For that first they have to login to their CST Dealer Account.
- In the Dealer Home screen go to the Returns menu.
- Click the CST Returns submenu.
- In the CST Returns screen choose a particular month from the Returns Month-Year dropdown box.
- Select the If there is no business Activities (NIL Returns), select this box check box.
- As soon as you select If there is no business Activities (NIL Returns), select this box check box you will find the changes in the screen.
- Select the Approve radio button and click on Submit button.
Then you will see the message information you about the NIL CST returns submission, regarding that you will be given a Return ID. And this is how to submit a Zero or NIL CST Returns to the Andhra Pradesh Commercial Tax Department by logging into the VAT Dealer Account.