Know your Jurisdiction Assessing Officer form available in the Income Tax Department e-Filing website provides the searching facility to look out the complete name of an Assessee along with his Jurisdiction and other details.
It is a useful took for Auditors and Chartered Accountants to know the Surname, Full Name, and Jurisdiction of an Assessee by providing only the PAN Number of the Assessee, if there is no information available about the Assessee at the time of Filing his Returns. You do not need any other details of the Assessee only with the help of the PAN Number you can search out the Full Name and Assessing Area of the person.
Let us search an Assessee Name and his Jurisdiction with the help of his PAN Number at Directorate of Income Tax e-Filing website without any restrictions.
- Browse the e-Filing website.
- Hold the mouse curser over the Tax Payer link under I Am…
- And click on Individual / HUF hyperlink.
- Click on Services menu and choose the Know Your Jurisdiction submenu link.
- In the Know Your Jurisdiction A.O. wizard screen
- Enter the PAN Number of the Assessee in PAN field.
- Enter the Captcha Code as it is shown in the Image in the Enter the number as in the image * field and click on Submit button.
If we have provided the accurate PAN Number we will see the following details of the Assessee.
- Complete name of the Assessee like Surname, Middle Name, and First Name.
- His local Income Tax Office details like Area Code, AO Type, Range Code, AO Number, Jurisdiction, and Building Name.
Earlier we searched the PAN Card Number with the help of Surname and Date of Birth of the Assessee, but now even we do not know the name of the assessee only with the help of PAN Number we came to know the Full Name of the Assessee. And this is how to search the Full Name and Jurisdiction of an Assessee with the help of PAN Number.