Whose Total Income crosses Exemption limit for the Previous Year has to submit their Income Tax Returns for that year. And the submission of the IT Returns can be done either through Manual Filing by filling the proper summary information in the ITR Formats in Hard Copy; or e-Filing at income Tax e-Filing website by uploading the ITR file Soft Copy.
In order to submit IT Returns to the Income Tax Department through e-Filing first you must have a valid PAN Card Number and after that should create an account at Income e-Filing website using your PAN Card Number. And here we have provided you a complete guide how to register and what are the mandatory things that you need to register at IT e-Filing website.
- First you must have a valid PAN Card issued by the Indian Income Tax Department and after that need to keep the following information of the Assessee for whom you are creating an account in Income Tax e-Filing website.
- PAN Card Number
- Surname, Middle and Last name of the Assessee.
- Date of Birth or Date of Incorporation of the Assessee.
- Email ID and Mobile Number.
- Prepared password combination of password Upper and Lower Case Letters and must contain at least one Number and one Special Character.
- Complete Address of the Assessee with PIN Code.
- And after that just open http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in website in your Internet Browser.
- In the right top corner you can find Register Yourself button just click that button.
- In the Registration Form screen select the appropriate Assessee type like Individual or Company and click on Continue button.
- Next in the Basic Details section enter the PAN Card Number, Name and other information. Provide Date of Birth of the assessee as furnished in PAN Card.
- In the second step Registration Form type your proposed Password to login to you Account and choose two Security Questions and Answers for resetting your password if you have forgotten it,
- Enter the Contact details and enter the characters displayed in the Image and click on button to finish the registration.
Finally, you will see the message about your Registration just take a print out of the registration page. In the mean time you will get an e-mail from Income Tax Department to activate your account. In the Message you can find an eFiling Registration Activation Link just click it or copy and paste in the browser address bar to activate your Account.
Now you have successfully created an account in Income Tax e-Filing website. And you can submit your IT Returns and track your Income Tax assessment records by logging into your Account using your PAN Card and other login credentials.