Tally is built for Inventory Management as well, for that Stock Items are used in this Accounting Software, in order to maintain the Stock Register in Tally ERP 9. Stock Items in tally refers to the physical stock situated in the company warehouse which is meant for resale. In order to maintain Accounts with Inventory we have to create Stock Items.
|Simple Stock Item Created in Tally ERP 9 Accounting Software|
In order to create Stock Item in Tally we have to get to the Gateway of Tally screen there select Inventory Info option. From there choose Stock Item. Here we can create Stock item either one by one or all the Stock Items at a time. And let us see how we can do it.
Single Stock Item Creation in Tally.ERP 9
Using this method the user can create one and only Stock Item at a time. Here he is allowed to configure all the features like Tax Information, Costing Method and etc.,
- Just select Create option under Single Stock Item in the Stock Items menu.
- In the Stock Item Creation screen you need to give a Name for the Stock Item, under which Stock Group it should be kept (if created Stock Groups), Units of Measure for the Stock Item, and the remaining things are optional.
- Accept the screen to save the changes.
Multiple Stock Item Creation in Tally.ERP 9
In the above method we were allowed to create only one Stock Item at a time. But for fast data entry purpose tally has given second step for Multiple Stock Items creation. In the Multi Stock Item Creation screen we are not allowed to configure the advanced Stock Item features like Tax Information, Costing Method and etc.,
- Just select Create option under Multiple Stock Items in the Stock Items menu.
- Give a name and configure the settings for each and every Stock Item.
And accept the screen to save the changes. And this is how we can create Inventory in Tally Software using Stock Item Creation screen.